If you have read the post on 10th June 2009, you already know that we’ve started an aggressive link building campaign on one of our test sites.
That site was removed from search engine results for about 1 month, but the return is impressive!
The site was not even in the first 1000 of Google results in United States before we started. I can not disclose the site name or the targeted keyword, but the keyword has about
35 million search results on Google Search.
Today, the site ranks #10 (yes, first page!). I checked my notes, and it’s been about 26 days since we started the campaign. And we spent less than $100. The site is running CPA offers, and with a correct network, that $100 can easily make $1000 just with the organic traffic from Google.
But there’s a major flaw in our campaign which we’re trying to figure out. Our keyword consist of couple of keywords (something like “earn a free degree”). If we search for the exact keyword, the site is #10, but if we make a very small change like removing the “a” from the keyword structure, the site is not even in the first 1000 results.
We’ll be working on this and the optimization of some new keywords. Let’s see what difficulties we’ll face this time.
10th position in 35 million results is success!